Monday, March 19, 2012

March Break

Well, I didn't exactly take a week long break this March, but I did manage a long weekend away from home. Travelled by train to Ottawa on Thursday after work and spent the weekend with Nick and his family.

We could not have had better weather for a "spring" break! Friday started off cool and damp but by afternoon it was pretty dry so Nick and I went out and did a nice little 42km ride around Ottawa. Saturday morning we had breakfast at Canada's biggest Ikea store (and I didn't even have a chance to walk through it) and then we went to Fulton's Sugar Bush for a sleigh ride and taffy and lots of other maple flavoured goodness. And to end off, Sunday morning we spent at home, playing outside with the kids and the bikes and some bean bags.

The weekend flew by and I was home just before 5pm Sunday night. It was great to get away for a few days but it's just as nice to be home again. Pictures from the weekend can be found here.

No comments: