Thursday, September 04, 2014

Ice Bucket Challenge

In recent weeks you have probably heard about the Ice Bucket Challenge in the news.  Many people have been pouring buckets of icy cold water over their heads to help promote awareness of the disease and what it does to its victims.

On als.ca  they tell you right on their home page that "ALS (also known as Lou Gehrig's Disease) is a progressive neuromuscular disease in which nerve cells die and leave voluntary muscles paralyzed. Every day two or three Canadians die of the disease."  

Please, before you go throwing any icy water over yourself, read up a little on the disease and please, please, please donate.

This past weekend one of my brothers nominated me in his own challenge. It took the suggestion from one of my closest friends (hi, SuperC!) to get me to accept this challenge as I had no intention of putting any kind of icy anything anywhere near me.  I made this little video.

Enjoy and do please remember to donate to ALS.


No comments: