Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Mom Speak

Funniest word to come out of my mother’s mouth recently: "Sub-woofer". My parents bought themselves a surround sound system and this has prompted Mom to get all hip with her vocab. Throughout the holiday season she had many an opportunity to spit this gem out - and laughs were had each time!

Whether it’s because she says it with a little bit of an accent, or because she tries to say it with a hip attitude – I don’t know, but it’s the funniest thing to hear her say it. And she’s said some pretty funny things over the years (generally not on purpose). Eric, Nick & Marc – remember "Rubber Plant"? My favourite is when she misunderstood me talking about a 'hot-tub' for a 'hot dog' ... the laughter that ensued was riotous.

2 comments:

Sue Matthews said...

Nick often refers to the "Rubber Plant" story. Funny stuff.

Angry Gnome said...

Here's a ditty from The Herb while I was in Florida last year: Do you think I should "pimp my ride?"
I was horrified.