Thursday, September 14, 2006

Safe

Montreal came to headlines of the news yesterday after a gunman opened fire at Dawson College. My first thought - where is Anna? My longtime friend Anna (the one who got married in June) is an English teacher there. Luckily, I was able to reach her by phone instantly. She had just gotten home with Jamie. She was safe. The feelings of panic and anxiety that I just experienced dissipated instantly on hearing her voice.

This morning's Gazoo is of course filled with stories about the shooting - not a good way to start the day. After reading the first few pages of the paper, I had to stop reading. It's too much for me. I feel sick with ... I don't know what to call it - a horrible, awful feeling in the pit of my stomach that I have no explanation for other than yesterday's events.

On a lighter note, tomorrow I'll be on my way to Banff, Alberta for a week. The first couple of days will be work, work, work but after that I'll have a few days to indulge in some sight seeing, hiking and enjoying the great outdoors. Hopefully I'll be able to post a couple of times while I'm away.

Be safe everyone.

3 comments:

Sue Matthews said...

At one point yesterday the CBC was reporting four people were dead with multiple shooters, one possibly still on the loose. It just seemed so chaotic there that no one could get the real story. Things seem to be a little clearer today. How horrible it all seems. I'm glad you were able to talk to Anna right away.

Have fun in Banff. I can't wait to see all the pictures.

Angry Gnome said...

Have fun in Banff.

Blogger_Naut said...

Whew, I'm glad Anna's ok. I thought about her too.
As for Banff, I CAN'T WAIT TO HEAR ALLLLLLL ABOUT IT!!!!