Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Zuke soup

The other weekend I bought some zucchini and only used 1 of the 4 in the package. Figured the best way to use the leftover slightly wilted zukes was to make a nice batch of soup.

Curried Zucchini Soup

1 large apple, peeled and chopped
1 large onion, peeled and chopped
1 tbsp margarine
6 cups chicken broth
1/3 cup rice
4 cups chopped zucchini (not peeled!)
2 tsp curry (more if desired)
Salt & Pepper, to taste
½ cup evaporated milk

In large stockpot, sauté apple and onion in margarine. Add broth, rice, zucchini, curry, salt & pepper. Boil until rice is soft (about 45 minutes, dependind on the type of rice you use). Let cool. Purée. Return to heat and add evaporated milk.

Note from me: I generally find I don't need to add salt if I'm using curry in a recipe. Also, I just whatever milk I have in the fridge, generally skim. I love this recipe!

No comments: