Thursday, July 09, 2009

Now what?

This morning I finished up the touch ups of paint that needed to be done in the bedroom, hallway, kitchen and living room. Once I was done with that I figured I'd remove the tape from the red dining room wall and then see exactly what it needed to make it right. I took my exacto-knife and ran the blade along the edges to loosen the paint from the wall and then started lifting the tape off. It didn't go so well. The five damn layers of paint adhered pretty well to the tape. Not so well to the wall.

Here's what happened.

I have no idea what to do now. Should I get the primer out and start over from scratch? Should I get more red paint and try again? Should I use what I have left of the living room colour and just use that? Sigh ... I dunno.

Suggestions? Offers to help? I'm open.

2 comments:

Sue Matthews said...

I am completely floored by those pictures. I've just never seen anything like that in my life. Have you talked to the people at the paint store?

hot mittens said...

W O W. okay. i'm not sure, but could it be that there was an oil based paint on the wall? that could screw up a latex paint job pretty nicely. i should go back and read your latest entry though - maybe things are better...