Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Hershey Recall

For me this is just another reason to stay clear of Hershey chocolate. I'm a chocolate snob and would much rather munch on a variety of gourmet chocolates, preferably Swiss of course. Hershey Canada has recalled a wide range of chocolate products nationwide and closed its Smiths Fall plant after salmonella bacteria was detected in the candy produced there.

Yvette - in your Christmas package I sent a 4-bar pack of Reese Peanut Butter Cups - you need to check the date codes. If they range from 6417 to 6455 - THROW THE PACKAGE OUT!!!

Here's a listing of the products affected by the recall:

Oh Henry!, Reese Peanut Butter Cups, Eat-more Dark Toffee Peanut Chew, Lowney Bridge Mix, Lowney Cherry Blossom (Dad - stay away from these for now!), Glosette Peanuts, Glosette Almonds, Glosette Raisins, Hershey's Creamy Milk Chocolate with Almonds, Hershey's Creamy Milk Chocolate, Hershey's Special Dark Chocolate, Hershey's Special Dark Chocolate with Almonds.

If you really need to you can contact Hershey at 1-800-468-1714.

2 comments:

Yvette said...

Oh man, I hope those Peanut Butter Cups aren't infected - I WANT TO EAT THEM!!! I know I'm lucky enough to get all the Swiss chocolate I want, but it tends to get boring after awhile (I realise certain readers will feel the need to beat me about the head after reading that) and I long for some good ol' "crap" chocolate. As for you Stef, you'll be rolling in chocolate when my parcel arrives, due to recent unforeseen "expenses" on your side. You're the best!

Sue Matthews said...

You know, I heard all about that recall and yet I purchased an Oh Henry! bar yesterday. What kind of a moron am I?

Can I trust that the Pharmaprix had already gone through their stock to remove any affected bars?