Tuesday, July 01, 2008

2 for 2

It was brought to my attention last night that I am 2 for 2 this season in my dragon boating adventures.

Yes, that means the women's recreational team won the women's division competition on Saturday! My goal for the day was not to finish last and we didn't - quite the opposite in fact. Although there were no medals awarded this time, we did come away with a beer glass a prize and of course, bragging rights!

A couple of us women from the mixed competitive team have been asked to paddle with another team this coming weekend and my coach has decided that I'm the lucky charm with my two competitions, two wins under my belt. He thinks we'll win. I have no idea. Once again I'll be going to a competition with no expectations other than to not finish last. Some people say that you shouldn't go in with a negative goal (stating what you don't want) but that you should go in with a positive goal (state what you do want, i.e. to win). That's not my style though and I'm not really a competitive person (perfectionist yes) so I don't think I'll ever go in with that winning spirit. Maybe I like to surprise myself. Maybe I push myself harder when I don't know what the outcome will be. Anyway -

Don't expect anybody to come out to Shawinigan on Saturday but keep your fingers crossed for Les Arsenes Unlimited.

No comments: