Friday, June 03, 2005

Sleep Study

I've had problems sleeping for years now. This winter I finally took matters into my own hands and am now being followed by a couple of doctors. At my last doctor's visit, I agreed to participate in a sleep study and also a group therapy workshop. This was at the beginning of May. I figured I might get a call in about six months to say there was finally room for me. Yesterday (June 2) I found out I could participate in the sleep study this Saturday night. Listen to this - they want you to arrive at the hospital at 9pm and stay over night. Not really over night, because they boot you out between 5:30-6:00am the following morning! I have a few issues with this. First of all: I will never fall asleep before midnight if I'm in some hospital bed, wired up to electrodes and all sorts. Second: how are they to determine if I'm getting a full night of sleep if they make you go home before the sun rises?! And third: I sometimes get my best sleep from 6:00am-7:30am. So not only do I get to stress about this until then (and thus lose more sleep), I get to waste a perfectly good chance at a full night of sleep. Thanks. FYI: I might be a little crabby on Sunday.

Anyway, I'm going and I'm a little freaked out. But this will hopefully help in determining what's going on in my head when it should be in down-time. Will be sure to report all the details next week.

Still waiting to hear about the workshop - maybe that'll be 6 months before I hear ...

No comments: