Monday, May 14, 2007

Arcade Fire

Rocked out at the Arcade Fire concert on Saturday night. Wow - that was just awesome. The best part of the concert was at the end when the band left the stage before the first encore, the crowd continued singing along to the chorus of the song they'd just finished playing. It started off so that I wasn't sure if it was the sound system still playing back the song, but then realised that it was the crowd! The crowd was singing to get the band back on stage! It was so cool!!! Finally the band came back on and the crowd just roared! (look at all my exclamation points - I'm still freaking out about this)

I can tell you, it was worth the time and effort to see this band. It was the third time we (my brothers and I) had tried to get tickets to their concerts and finally it came through (thank you, Sam!).

As much fun as the concert was, I have the feeling I'm getting old. The concert didn't start until 9:45pm and we'd left the house at 7pm. So it was nearly 3 hours (!) since leaving the house before the main event even started. Also, I'd forgotten how loud concerts can be and consequently didn't bring earplugs with me. As it turns out it wasn't loud enough to make my ears ring (as in many past concerts in my "youth") but I did come out of there with a headache.

Here's the review from the paper yesterday. All in all - a fantastic concert.

No comments: