Thursday, May 10, 2007

Good weather = Good mood

It's been so nice this week that I actually finished the switch over between my winter and summer wardrobe last night. I kid you not - ALL my sweaters have been lovingly washed, dried flat and are now packed away in a variety of suitcases until September (ha, ha - joking, until October).

It was even warm enough to go bare-legged in a skirt. Shocking, I know, I don't usually do that until end of June. However, thanks to not having stockings or socks with me at work, I did walk home with bare feet inside my shoes and managed to rip my right foot to shreds on Tuesday. Yesterday I hobbled around in heels all day, gritting my teeth through the pain, but now that I have my summer wardrobe out that means I also have my summer shoes out and I found a pair of shoes that don't touch any of the blisters. It's going to be a long day today, so I better not get any new blisters or I'll be wearing flip flops to work tomorrow.

In case you've been wondering about my cooking/baking ... I was pretty productive last weekend (date nut bread, zucchini soup, zucchini & feta tart - can you tell zucchini were on sale?) and last night I actually had enough energy to cook mid-week! I adapted an Indian butter chicken recipe to use with a soy and wheat gluten based "chicken" product - and wow!!! It was awesome! Not too sure I'd use this veggie chicken again, but I would definitely do it with shrimp or chunks of fish. Mmmm good!

Have got great plans to do some serious baking this weekend but no plans to photograph it every step of the way.

Mother's Day on Sunday, people. Hope you're prepared!

No comments: