Wednesday, May 16, 2007

The Chin Strip

Here's the question that's been rattling around my brain for a couple of months now. What do you call a beard that is just a strip of facial hair down the middle of a man's chin? For a while I didn't know what this was called, but thanks to a little bit of searching à la Google, the answer, of course, was found. It is called, simply enough, the chin strip.

I've been noticing a increase in the amount of chin strips on men in Montreal. At the gym, shopping downtown, on the bus.

Now that I know that it's called a chin strip I have more questions. Why the chin strip? Why not a full goatee? Why not just the soul patch?

My apologies to that guy at the gym that I can't stop staring at whenever I see his chin strip - it's just that it kinda freaks me out. Sorta like a train wreck.

1 comment:

Why said...

Ha ha ha! I HATE these chin strips, they're so useless.