Monday, January 08, 2007

Chocolate Bark

In the past I’ve usually made 2 or 3 kinds of chocolate bark. Thanks to my lazy ass this year, I only made one type. This was it. Thanks to Canadian Living.

White Chocolate and Cranberry Bark

1 pound (500g) white chocolate
1 cup (250ml) each dried cranberries and pistachios, shelled

In bowl over saucepan of hot (not boiling) water, melt chocolate, stirring occasionally. Stir in cranberries and pistachios. Pour onto foil-lined baking sheet; using palette knife or rubber spatula spread into 12- x 9-inch (30 x 23cm) rectangle.

Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or until hardened. Break into pieces.

Makes about 32 pieces.

Note from me: this year my budget advised me to just use the chocolate I had at home (semi-sweet). This worked fine too.

P.S. This is also good for breakfast – it has fruit, nuts and milk product!

1 comment:

Yvette said...

Chocolate for breakfast? What more could you want??