Thursday, August 02, 2007

The Spider Dance

As most of you know, I have some issues with spiders (and snakes). I suppose these issues could be termed as a phobia but whatever. Spiders (and snakes) scare me. A. Lot.

A few days ago, one morning I was discussing some things with a colleague at her desk. Suddenly we both saw a big, stinking black spider drop out of her inbox onto some papers and then skittered away to places unseen. Well, I couldn't help myself. When I saw that thing I did a little dance and gagged a bit. The two women sitting in the next work station stared at me like I was on crack or something. They had obviously never seen the Spider Dance before (or the Snake Dance for that matter.) So we all laughed nervously and I tried to play it down but I knew I had just made a complete fool of myself. I ran back to my desk because I couldn't possibly stay there with an unknown spider on loose, right?! Right.

To top it all off, later that same afternoon, one of the facilities guy's stopped by my desk to ask about the little stranger who came to visit. He had a funny grin on his face and it clicked right away that he was coming by to kid me about the spider. More nervous joking from me.

Boy, when I first did the Snake Dance for Yvette 2 years ago, little did I realise that one day I'd be doing it in the office. What a way to win friends and influence people.

On a completely unrelated note, it's another long weekend for me. Off again tomorrow!

1 comment:

Yvette said...

Damn, I wish you had cameras in your office!