Saturday, September 08, 2007

All Packed

Here we are. End of another vacation. I am all packed and ready to leave with Mom bright and early tomorrow morning for the long drive home.

This morning Mom and I took Darcy to the mall while Nick, Sue and Wesley joined us there a little bit later. Darcy loved being at the mall with her auntie and Grandmaman, especially in the shoe store where she rearranged just about every shoe she could get her hands on, and was sure to let us know which particular pair of heels she would like when she's a grown up. Darcy also enjoyed touching all the pretty clothes in one shop and playing with the jewelery. I must be a good influence ;)

After a quick lunch in the food court, Mom & I headed for the outlet stores while the others headed home for naps and feeding. I didn't do very well at these stores, in fact I am coming home with only one sweater, necklace and a pair of shoes - none of which are from the outlets. Grumble, grumble ...

When we got back Mom & I started preparing a roast beef dinner. Roast beast, roast potatoes, yorkshire pudding, cauliflower, broccoli and corn on the cob (gotta get it while we still can!) and apple crisp for dessert. It was quite a feast!

We ended off the evening and my vacation with one last walk down to the river park. We did have a little accident though. Darcy was running down a sloping path and tripped on a paving stone, falling over, scraping one knee and biting her lip when her chin hit the ground. Tears followed of course. But after some hugs, a handy kleenex in my pocket to wipe off the dirt and blood, it all ended up in laughter when Darcy declared she was feeling ok again by letting me know she had just "tooted" on my lap. Some thanks!

It's been a good two weeks. It was wonderful to spend so much time with Wesley and Darcy, and Nick & Sue too of course. Think I've got about 470 odd pictures (granted 200 are from Niagara) to go through so I'll do my best to get those up as soon as possible.

Thanks Nick & Sue for hosting me these past two weeks. It's been great!

1 comment:

Yvette said...

Sounds like you've had a nice relaxing vacation. It will be hard leaving Darcy, I bet. I, for one, am glad you'll be back home and at work - my afternoon chats were sorely missed...I actually did housework!