Monday, September 03, 2007

Still Laughing

Last night we had quite a funny evening at home. After dinner we were just hanging out in the living room, chatting, watching Darcy play while we waited for Sue to come back down from feeding Wesley. For some reason, still unknown to me, Darcy started racing around from the living room into the dining room, through to the kitchen and then down the hallway to the front door, where she'd bang into the door on purpose and say "Bonk!" It was cute. We laughed a little. Nick decided to take this up a notch when he would try to catch Darcy on her way through. Somehow this lead to Darcy trying to lick Nick's hands or arms. And of course, this just made the whole thing funnier. Darcy was laughing those belly laughs that are contagious and pretty soon Sue was down with us wondering what all the laughing was about.

From there, sadly, things deteriorated rather quickly. First it was just the licking on Nick, but then it moved to Sue and even to me. We were all getting a little a lot silly when, believe it or not, Nick told Darcy that she should moon me and "shake her stink" on me! And she did it too!!! But it didn't stop there - oh no! Darcy then thought it would be funny to continue her racing around with her moon hanging out the back. Well, that's when we lost it. We must've laughed for 5 minutes straight. Our abs were sore , we were crying and nearly hyperventilating from laughing so hard. Eventually we managed to regain control of ourselves and of Darcy and pulled it together again.

Several hours later as I was going to bed, I got a fit of the giggles as I pictured this scene again. I'll post the picture I managed to shoot ... but you'll have to wait another week.

Remarkably, through all of this, Wesley just sat on Sue's lap and slept. Mellow as can be. Not bothered at all by our commotion.

2 comments:

Yvette said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA! Wish I could have seen that!

Sue Matthews said...

I'm laughing again just reading it!