Saturday, September 22, 2007

Bjork Concert Recap

Last night I got to experience my second Bjork concert. It was great. It was amazing. It was awesome. That woman has a voice like no other. It is crisp, clear and seem like it must come from another world. There is absolutely nobody else like her. She is wonderfully unique in her voice, her music and her creativity. Thanks, Eric, for a great birthday present.

A couple of interesting notes about the show: the weather was perfect, down at the Old Port we were surrounded by water and there was a nice breeze (not too hot, not too cold, it was just right!), we saw a shooting star or meteor bounce off the earth's atmosphere while we were waiting for the opening band, much to my surprise the crowd wasn't full of the young alternative-artsy-fartsy college crowd (although there were plenty of them too), we were surrounded by a lot of gay men in their 30's or older (I had no idea Bjork would appeal so diversely but there you go), Eric, Sam and I placed bets on when the opening band would start playing (25 cents a bet, I won but I don't remember what time that was anymore) and on when Bjork would finally hit the stage (don't remember any of that now), and finally I did predict that she'd be on stage for 90 minutes. I was close at 86 minutes.

It was a great night but it was L-O-N-G. We met at 6:15pm and basically never sat down again until sometime after 11pm when I was able to sit down for 2 metro stops. My feet hurt, my legs hurt, my back hurts. I feel like an old woman. Think my days of general admission concerts are over. I don't like having to stand up for 5 hours straight. I don't like not being able to see the stage clearly. I don't like having to watch the show through a 4-inch gap between the heads and shoulders of the people ahead of me. (You see, what a crabby old lady I am!)

Great night but next time I'll have to bring a lawn chair and a picnic ;)

1 comment:

Yvette said...

Ah. Now I get it about the tired feet.