Saturday, October 29, 2005

Caught in the Matrix

Is it possible that I am becoming too relaxed? Or am I just not paying attention to where I’m going?

This afternoon I decided to head over to Monkland Village so I caught the bus, then jumped on the metro. I live on the green line and Monkland Village is on the orange line, so I had to change metro at Lionel Groulx. I did, went down the stairs and waited for the metro to take me in the direction of Côte Vertu. Or so I thought … the metro arrived in the station, I got on, the doors closed and off we went. I was plugged into my iPod mini so didn’t hear the driver announce the next stop. You can imagine my surprise when we arrived at the station and it wasn’t the place I was expecting. It wasn’t Place St-Henri – it was Charlevoix (where I just got on)!!! Momentarily confused, I know – it’s not hard, I then realized that I had got on the wrong metro. I hadn’t looked to see the colour of the sign or read the signs indicating which direction the metro was going. So, I got off at Charlevoix and started my journey all over again. While I was waiting at Lionel Groulx (for the second time) I had to laugh (not out loud, there are enough lunatics down there), for that split second before I realized what I’d done wrong, I had that feeling that Neo must’ve had in The Matrix when he was stuck in the subway. He ran out one end and came back into the station at the other end.

5 comments:

Yvette said...

Maybe it's just due to the fact that you're 36...

Angry Gnome said...

heh, i like why's explanation.

Yvette said...

I bet Stef won't like it.

Unknown said...

You guys can just shut up ...

Yvette said...

Hey, I'll be 37 in a couple of weeks and I forget how to speak sometimes.