Saturday, October 22, 2005

I am such an idiot!

Sometimes I really wonder what I’m thinking. This morning I walked over to the shops. It took about 15-20 minutes. Did the shopping I had to do and had planned to take the bus back home. With 2 minutes to spare, I walked across the street, saw that the bus was coming and waited on the corner. Then, for some reason, the bus stopped at the corner a block away from where I was waiting. But it didn’t dawn on me until the bus zoomed past me that I was standing at the wrong corner. There was no bus stop where I was standing! The only reason I can think I did this, was because there were 2 women sitting on a bench in front of a coffee shop. It looked like they were waiting for the bus. Naturally, they were not. They finished their muffins and coffee, picked up their bags and continued on their errands.

Guess I got left holding the bag on this one. Ended up walking home. Not the end of the world, but my shopping bags were pretty heavy by the time I got back. Silly me.

1 comment:

Yvette said...

I'll comment on this once I've finished laughing...