Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Music Review

Music reviews are usually my brother's department, but I just couldn't wait any longer.

I'm a big fan of DJ Shadow and check out his web site every now and then. In August I was reading through his news and found out that he was listening to a band called Stateless. Never having heard of this band, I asked my favourite music critic (i.e. The Muddler) if he'd heard of them. He hadn't and I guess he was busy or something because I never heard anymore. Then in one of my "need new music" moods, I checked on iTunes to see if they had this band. They did! And it would only cost me $3.96 to buy this four song EP. I listened to all the 30 second samples and put it on my wishlist. Finally, in early September I decided to just buy it already. Boy, am I glad I did! Have been listening to their EP Bloodstream a lot. The style of the music kind of reminds me of Massive Attack.

If you're interested, check out the Stateless web site. They are apparently in the studio recording 4 more tracks for their debut album. I can't wait!

No comments: