Friday, February 10, 2006

French Canadian Mr. Collins

Last night I met this guy at 5:15pm. By 5:45 I was out of there. It didn't go so well.

You may well be asking yourselves why did it go so poorly? Well, I'll be happy to tell you - maybe because this guy was like a French Canadian version of Jane Austen's oh-so-memorable character in Pride & Prejudice, Mr. Collins.

In case you don't know me too well, I can get pretty impatient with the simpering, fawning and idiotic chatter type of person. This was that person. No wonder Elizabeth Bennett couldn't stomach him. Neither could I.

*************

In other man related news, Guy #3 who mysteriously left me hanging for 13 days (yes, I counted) decided to finally email me with his usual "Wassup" blah blah. What the hell is that about? WHAT???

2 comments:

Sue Matthews said...

Mr. Collins?!?!?! Oh no, that must have been awful!

Doesn't sound like a fun way to spend the evening...

raluca said...

hey stef,
great to read some news from you. been following your blog on and off, but never had a chance to write, till now...
thanks for writing following aiyana's birth.
wishing you all the best - luka