Saturday, February 18, 2006

Sleep update

I got my oral appliance back on Wednesday and did try to sleep with it in that night. But it seems it will take some getting used to again because that night I only slept with in it my mouth for 3 ½ hours. I woke up at 2:30am (thanks to drunken man raging on the street corner) and after spending an hour trying to get back to sleep, decided to just take it out and consider it a fair try. After that I did get another 2 hours of sleep before waking again and just getting out of bed.

Last night I managed to sleep the full night with the appliance. Turned the light off at 11:30pm, probably fell asleep in less than 15 minutes and slept straight through the night (not even a middle of the night pee break) until 7:00am. I felt refreshed and ready for the day when I got up. I didn’t have that "Oh … I need to turn over and sleep for another couple of hours" feeling. Pretty sweet!

Finally, as promised some time ago, I’ve posted a couple of pictures of the oral appliance itself and of me wearing it on my flickr page.

Also on flickr, in my Flora & Fauna set, I’ve posted some pictures of the beautiful amaryllis Sina gave me for Christmas. I followed the instructions and it has grown into 4 incredible huge, beautiful and rich coloured flowers. Thank you, Sina!

4 comments:

Yvette said...

I just checked out your new pics. Your New Look certainly is attractive, isn't it? You should have no trouble meeting men now!
Your amarylis pictures are absolutely fantastic! Way to go you! You should get some blown up and hung as a set.

Unknown said...

Thanks!

nickt said...

The moving car pictures are very cool, but that mouth thing is wicked! How does it even fit? It's huge.

Yvette said...

If the appliance fits...