Monday, February 06, 2006

Girls Day

Had a great visit with my friend Vivienne on Saturday. She's got two small children and is finding it difficult to have any significant time to herself. Her partner, Franck, suggested that she take one day a week and just take off for the day. For now she has to take the baby with her as she's still nursing, but decided to take him up on the offer. However, one day a week was too much, so she's compromised with one day a month. For her this seems to be easier for her to manage. Anyway, Viv and I decided that this Saturday would be our girls day (baby girl included).

And what a day it was! Viv dropped in around 10:30 Saturday morning, we had tea and a chat, fed the baby and then went off for lunch. Our original plan to have Thai food at our favourite little hole in the wall got nixed as the place was closed (and I wanted my red curry soooo bad!!!), so we went to Just Noodles instead - a far cry from our first choice, but at least it was piping hot! Then for a round of shopping and groceries and several hours later, back to my place for another pot of tea and baby feeding. It was about 5pm when Viv left to make her way home. I hope she had a good day. I certainly did. Even with the little baby Chiara in tow (she pretty much slept or sat there and smiled the whole day)! We had a good chance to catch up and plenty of laughs as well. It did me a whole whack of good to hear what Viv had to say and I hope being on her own for the day (albeit with baby and me) did her just as much good.

It was fun and I look forward to another Girls Day sometime soon.

PS - Uh, Viv - sorry about the state of my hair. I noticed after you'd left that I hadn't actually brushed it yet that day and I still had it up in a ridiculous bun from having my shower. I must've looked a sight ...

4 comments:

Yvette said...

Any maternal instincts arise?

Unknown said...

You joker, you!

Yvette said...

You never know, you're pushing 40 now...that biological clock and all that...

Unknown said...

Pushing 40? PUSHING 40??? What the hell are you talking about??? I'm ONLY 36!!! You should talk, Mrs. I'm-already-37 ...