Thursday, November 28, 2013

Day 28 - Spaceman

Commander Chris Hadfield!
 I met an astronaut! Is that crazy or what? I still can't quite believe.

Last night after work, I wandered over to my favourite post-work hangout, Indigo, got my coupon (Group 5) and then strolled around the shops until 7pm when Commander Chris Hadfield would appear for a book signing. Not just any book signing, but his own book, An Astronaut's Guide to Life on Earth.

It was a long wait. I won't deny it. Was it worth it? Yes. A hundred times, yes.

Mr. Hadfield was kind, smiled and apologized for the long wait. How Canadian of him, eh?


Our conversation went something like this:

Shaking of hands (!)
CH:  Hi there. Sorry about the long wait tonight.
ST:  Hello. No please, it's an honour to meet you.
CH:  Thanks. (Takes my book to sign it.)
ST:  Sooo ... what's your personal best on a 5km?
CH: (Looks up, surprised) Oh, I don't know! I just run until my heart goes fast.
ST:  Alright. Well, thank you very much. Have a good rest of the evening.
CH:  Thank for coming, have a good night.

I MET AN ASTRONAUT, PEOPLE!!!!

1 comment:

Sue Matthews said...

Your niece and nephew are very jealous. Me too.